School’s Out Program
School’s Out is a program organized through the Arcadia Branch of the Ocean Community YMCA providing quality after school care at Charlestown Elementary, Richmond Elementary, and Hope Valley Elementary Schools. Chariho Middle School children are able to get bussed to Charlestown, Richmond, or Hope Valley school with the proper bus transportation forms completed.
YCares Financial Aid is available to families who qualify and we also work with DHS payments.
Call the Arcadia Branch with any questions: (401) 539-2306
MONTHLY tuition rates
For YMCA Members:
- 2 Days: $234 3 Days: $302 4 Days: $347 5 Days: $3396
For Non-YMCA Members:
- 2 Days: $306 3 Days: $400 4 Days: $450 5 Days: $500
Tuition Payments are due the first of every month.
We offer automated bank draft option for convenient tuition payments.
Payment is due in full regardless of attendance.
There is a 10% discount for the second child enrolled.
Schools Out Operates from School Dismissal until 6:00 PM. A typical daily schedule is as follows:
- 3:15-3:45: Attendance, Homework, Quiet Game Time.
- 3:45-4:15: Activity 1 (Physical Activity, Team Building Activity, STEM, etc)
- 4:15-4:30: Hand Washing & Snack Time
- 4:30-5:15: Activity 2 (Physical Activity, Team Building Activity, STEM, etc)
- 5:15-6:00: Free Choice Activity Time.
Vacation Day Policies:
- When there is no school, the Y operates a Vacation Day Camp from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Some days we do Field Trips, some days we do more activities at the Branch. Specific Activity Schedule will be announced Two Weeks Prior to the Vacation Day
- These days are included in students Schools Out tuition IF it is a day of the week that the child normally attends. If they do not attend that day of the week, there is a $50 Fee. Be sure to verify this when signing students up at the Front Desk.
- We are limited to 36 Students per Vacation Day. Once a day is full, there will be a waiting list.
- If the School district cancels School, or releases school early for any reasons such as inclement weather, there is NO SCHOOLS OUT. Note that the Y does not notify Parents of this, Follow the School District for this information.
- If a child is going to be absent from the Program, the parent must notify both the School and the YMCA. Once they call the YMCA, remind them to notify the school, and then inform the Youth Development Coordinator, so that he may notify the Site Director.
- Changes in a student’s schedule must be made aware to Schools Out Staff at least a week in advanced.