To Our YMCA Family
To Our YMCA Family,
For those I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting, I’m Maureen Fitzgerald, President & CEO of the Ocean Community YMCA.
As you are well aware, there are challenging times, testing how our YMCA works to strengthen community as we have for the past 90 years. The Ocean Community YMCA is committed to doing our part to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
For the health and safety of our community and our team, this has required us to close our branches until further notice. But we’ve always found ways to help people in times of crisis. Right now, we are…
· Making wellness check calls and staying connected to our seniors. Staff are providing tips, resources, at-home exercises, and most importantly a friendly conversation for folks who need it the most.
· Keeping members active and motivated with virtual wellness classes (www.ymca360.org), at-home workouts, and stretching videos. Please share your family’s activities with us on our Facebook or Instagram page with the hashtag #ocyworkout.
· Completing annual shutdown tasks and other projects in our facilities now so there aren’t any other interruptions later!
· Engaging parents and children with craft ideas, family-friendly recipes, stress-relievers, and more.
· Planning for our next program offerings, and summer camp.
We are proud to serve our members and meet the needs of the community. But due to our scaled-back operations, we need your help.
Specifically, if you’re able, I’m asking you to keep your membership active during this unprecedented time – or #StayWithUs. Your YMCA membership has always been about more than access to a building. It’s about making connections and building relationships. It’s about ensuring everyone – no matter who they are or where they came from – gets the support they need to reach their full potential. It’s about making your contribution to a stronger community of caring and generous people. You are one of those people.
If requested, members may place their memberships on hold by visiting our website www.oceancommunityymca.org for your branch’s contact information.
We will continue to work with our community partners, and communicate to you the status of our operations via email, Facebook, Instagram, our app, and on our website. We are committed to being here for you and for our community when the tough work of recovery begins. In the meantime, please be there for us, support our wonderful staff, and sustain our organization so we’re able to jump back into action when the time comes.
Please know that you are in the hearts and minds of all of us here at the Ocean Community YMCA, and we can’t wait to see you again. Until then, stay safe and healthy.
Maureen N. Fitzgerald
Ocean Community YMCA