Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to participate in the “My Y Is Every Y” Program?

The program is for full facility/full privilege Y members (those holding adult, family or senior memberships) whose home Y is located in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut.

Does it cost extra to participate in this program?

No, all full facility/full privilege members may participate at no additional charge. The reciprocity program is intended to be an added benefit and convenience for members when visiting other communities. You need to maintain a full facility/full privilege membership at the Y you visit most frequently.

How often can I use one of these Ys? Are there any restrictions on what I can do at another Y?

The YMCA’s participating in the Reciprocal program do not have a limit on the number of visits by reciprocal members.  The YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard is the only YMCA that has restrictions due to heavy seasonal usage.  However, you may be allowed to use the facility as a Reciprocal member from Columbus Day through May. It is recommended for members to call the branch ahead of time before visiting. See for a complete listing of all Ys.

How will I know if there are any restrictions and what they are?

Please call ahead or visit the website of the Y you would like to visit. All Y’s should have updated information posted on their website.

Does this replace the “Always Welcome at the YMCA” (AWAY) program?

No, the AWAY Program is still in existence and many Ys across the country and abroad participate in this program. The AWAY Program may be helpful to those members who are traveling outside of New England or for members outside of New England visiting New England Ys.

What do I need to bring to verify that I am a current Y member?

You must bring your current membership card and a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license) in order to utilize another Y. By providing both of these items the staff at the visiting Y will be able to verify your current Y membership. It is mandatory that you bring both of these items with you.

Do I need to sign anything?

As a reciprocal member visiting another Y you will need to agree to abide by all of their rules and regulations. You will likely be asked to sign a liability waiver and/or other document outlining that local Y’s policies and procedures.

What if I want to sign up for a program at another YMCA?

For purposes of program registration (i.e. swimming lessons, camp, child care etc.) you may be considered a program participant and would therefore be expected to pay the corresponding program participant rate.  However, please call ahead for verification.

To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.