School’s Out Program – Westerly
2022-2023 School Year
School’s Out is a program organized through the Ocean Community YMCA providing quality before and after school care at Springbrook School and State Street School.
Westerly Schools Out – Registration 2022 – 2023
Westerly Schools Out – Parent Handbook
YCares Financial Aid is available to families who qualify and we also work with DHS payments.
Call Karen Allen at the Arcadia Branch for details: (401) 539-2306
MONTHLY TUITION RATES
Tuition Payments are due the first of every month.
We offer automated bank draft option for convenient tuition payments.
There is a 10% discount for the second child enrolled.
Schools Out Operates from School Dismissal until 6:00 PM. A typical daily schedule is as follows:
- 3:15-3:45: Attendance, Homework, Quiet Game Time.
- 3:45-4:15: Activity 1 (Physical Activity, Team Building Activity, STEM, etc)
- 4:15-4:30: Hand Washing & Snack Time
- 4:30-5:15: Activity 2 (Physical Activity, Team Building Activity, STEM, etc)
- 5:15-6:00: Free Choice Activity Time.
VACATION DAY POLICIES:
- When there is no school, the Y operates a Vacation Day Camp from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Extended care options are available at an additional cost.
- Some days we do Field Trips, some days we do more activities at the Branch. Specific Activity Schedule will be announced Two Weeks Prior to the Vacation Day
- We are limited to 36 Students per Vacation Day. Once a day is full, there will be a waiting list.
- If the School district cancels School, or releases school early for any reasons such as inclement weather, there is NO SCHOOLS OUT. Note that the Y does not notify Parents of this, Follow the School District for this information.
- If a child is going to be absent from the Program, the parent must notify both the School and the YMCA. Once they call the YMCA, remind them to notify the school, and then inform the Youth Development Coordinator, so that he may notify the Site Director.
- Changes in a student’s schedule must be made aware to Schools Out Staff at least a week in advanced.