Your child may ride the bus to and from camp each day or you may pick him/her up directly at camp each day. There is no additional fee for bus transportation.
The Bus Schedule has three Routes with 4-5 stops on each route. On an as needed basis, Bus Stops may be incorporated into a 4th “Purple” Bus Route. Times will remain the same. An email will be sent out the weekend before each session if a Purple Bus route is needed.
During Sessions one and six, there is transportation ONLY available from Arcadia and Westerly-Pawcatuck YMCA’s at 8:30am/4:30pm.
Pick UP & DRop Off Procedures
Your child must be aware of when and where you will be picking him/her up. Campers are often confused if not told where you will be meeting them.
If picking up your child before 4:00 pm or dropping off after 9:00 am, please sign in and out at the Main Lodge. A note must be sent in with your child if you are picking up early. You must also have your photo ID when picking up your child each and every time.
When driving your child to camp drop off time is 8:45 am – 9:00 am at the Main Lodge. Pick-up time is 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm also at the Main Lodge. Unless physically unable, please park in the upper field and walk down to the Main Lodge. Please leave pets at home and don’t forget your ID. You don’t want to have to walk all the way back up the hill to get your ID!.
An approved parent/guardian MUST be at the bus stop to pick-up each camper. If no one is at the bus stop in the afternoon, the bus will return your camper to the nearest YMCA with a staff member. The camp will call to notify you of your child’s location.
ALL campers under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult to and from the bus stop. Those over 12 years old MUST have a letter stating they will be allowed to walk to and from the bus without a parent/guardian
A Photo ID is required to pick-up your camper at camp as well as both the Extended Day sites and off the buses. This is to guarantee that all campers go home with their appropriate guardians.
The parents/guardians and emergency contacts listed on the registration form are the only authorized persons to pick up campers from camp, Extended Day sites and off the buses.
If you wish to add additional pickups you must provide a written note or email. We prefer you use the official form. We will not add an authorized person based on an oral message from your child or another adult. Remind all authorized persons that they will need ID to pick up your child every time!
Please do not change your camper’s bus route without notifying the camp office in writing first. We wish to ensure your camper goes home on the correct bus that is marked in our records.
The following regulations pertaining to bus safety will be strictly enforced. Campers’ disobedience in this area may result in loss of camp transportation privileges or, in extreme cases, Camp attendance. Parents should review the following guidelines with their camper before their first day of camp.
- Parents must stay with campers at the bus stop (including the YMCA), until you have signed your camper onto the bus with the bus monitor.
- Campers should remain a minimum of 5’ from the road at all times and should not approach the bus until it comes to a complete stop and campers are instructed to load.
- Campers are to remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Reaching or leaning out of bus windows or doors is not allowed.
- Throwing objects inside the bus OR out of windows or doors is not permitted.
- Opening the Emergency Exit Door, except in an emergency or under the direction of a staff member, will not be tolerated.
- Disturbing other passengers is rude and will not be allowed.
- Disobeying the bus driver or monitor may result in loss of transportation privileges.
- Proper language and behavior is expected of all campers at all times.